Friday 23 May 2008

Robotics


I am in danger of becoming a Barista robot. I say the same thing to almost every customer:


Me: Hi there how can I help?

Customer: Can I have a cup of coffee please

Me: To have in or take away?

C: To go

M: What size would you like?

C: Small

M: Would you like your coffee black or white?

C: Black please.

M: Can I get you anything else at all?

C: No thank you.

M: That will be £.. please

C: Can I pay by card?

M: Of course if you would just like to insert your card in the chip and pin device, here... Press the green button please and it will ask for your pin and then press the green button to enter it.

C: ok

M: The first receipt is mine, yours will follow in a second. There you go, thank you very much! Bye!!


This is how every single one of my conversations goes, unless I know the customer etc. It's like there is a flow chart in my head, in/out, size, customisation, food etc etc

0 comments: